[erlang-questions] new version of file_monitor.erl - beta testers wanted

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Sat Jan 10 23:43:35 CET 2009

I've been rewriting my file monitor module: it's still polling only, but
now it's a gen_server, supports recursive monitoring, and is documented:
http://svn.process-one.net/contribs/trunk/eunit/doc/file_monitor.html.

The source code is here (it lives in the eunit project at present):
http://svn.process-one.net/contribs/trunk/eunit/src/file_monitor.erl

There is also an accompanying eunit test suite module:
http://svn.process-one.net/contribs/trunk/eunit/src/file_monitor_tests.erl

Any feedback (bugs, usability, performance, documentation) is welcome.

I'll try to get it into OTP if it seems to be useful enough. The
performance is fairly good; I've tried recursive monitoring on my entire
OTP development tree containing something like 18 thousand files.

    /Richard

--
 "Having users is like optimization: the wise course is to delay it."
   -- Paul Graham