[erlang-questions] Stuck disk_log_server

Geoff Cant geoff.cant@REDACTED
Wed Jan 7 23:19:02 CET 2009

Martin Bjorklund <mbj@REDACTED> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Geoff Cant <geoff.cant@REDACTED> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all, I have discovered a weird problem on a customer cluster - mnesia
>> experiencing overload/dump_log problems that appear to be due to a
>> broken disk_log_server process.
>
> Are you sure it's really stuck?  I.e. if you do process_info() some
> time later, is the reductions the same?

I'm reasonably sure it was stuck - the reductions stayed the same for at
least 30s with that message in the queue.

There didn't appear to be a huge number of outstanding log dumping jobs
that were all slowly making progress - just the one sitting there (for a
long time - more than a few minutes) waiting for a reply from
disk_log_server while the disk_log_server wasn't consuming its message
queue.

Cheers,
--Geoff