[erlang-questions] request a task scheduler

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Mon Aug 31 16:50:34 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 2:56 PM, info <info@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Excepted crone.erl do you know a task scheduler for erlang OTP application
> ?
> I look for a task scheduler with a fine timing (seconds, minutes, ...,
> months, ...).
>
> John

What's wrong with crone? Seems to fit the bill, except for tasks run at very
large intervals. I guess the other thing missing from crone is scheduling
against UTC instead of local time. Otherwise it's pretty trivial to mould to
your needs.

If you need scheduling on a yearly basis, you should be able to take the
crone code and put a wrapper with coarse granularity around it very easily.

Robby