[erlang-questions] mnesia question: full database replication across the several nodes

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Fri Aug 28 14:27:18 CEST 2009

2009/8/28 Eugen Sobchenko <esobchenko@REDACTED>

> Hi! I have a distributed mnesia application that have to create new
> tables during it's work.
> I want to keep all tables replicated on all mnesia nodes in my
> cluster.
> What if the table has been created at the moment when some of the
> cluster nodes were down? Is there a standard solution to make full
> database replication across the several nodes?

Table creation will fail if one (or more) of the nodes you've specified for
table copies is not reachable. If you want it to succeed regardless of some
nodes not being reachable, you have to create your table on whatever nodes
exist, and have some code which makes copies of tables when nodes come up.

cheers
Chandru