Erlang Job in Edinburgh

Gordon Guthrie gordon@REDACTED
Fri Aug 28 12:43:17 CEST 2009

Edinburgh-based internet start-up hypernumbers is looking to recruit an
engineer.

The position is for a software engineer with skills over the full stack:
* browser
* back-end
* operating system/cloud platform
* infrastructure (DNS, e-mail, etc, etc)

The successful applicant will have the following skills:
* a good understanding of javascript, css and browser programming
technologies
* solid exposure to functional programming (Erlang experience is a bonus but
not mandatory - training will be provided)
* a good understanding of basic operating system install and deployment
issues, including the ability to maintain their own development machines
* a proven knowledge of the normal opensource development toolkit, eg
version control, automated testing, trac/bugzilla, etc, etc
* knowledge of infrastructure requirements like DNS, mail servers and the
lac

We are looking for a whiz-kid with strong all round design and development
skills for a crucial role in the development of our platform who is willing
to take on responsibility for driving forward complex and innovative
technology. You will need to be a self-starter with a high degree of
motiviation.

This isn't just a techie job though - all staff need to work in front of the
customer and be able to communicate clearly and freely with non-technical
people

This position is salaried and has equity.

If you are interested in this job please respond to me directly or if you
just wish to discuss it please feel free to phone me on (+44) 07776 251669

Please feel free to circulate this to any other interested parties.

Cheers

Gordon Guthrie
CEO/CTO Hypernumbers