Problems with ibrowse 1.5.2 - send_req not causing stream_to

Vik Olliver vik@REDACTED
Wed Aug 26 07:19:56 CEST 2009

Hi folks. Stillhaving trouble with ibrowse. I'm calling:

ibrowse:send_req(Url, [],
                          get, [],
                          [{stream_to, self()},{max_pipeline_size,1}])

to fetch 16 URLs in parallel. Now I have not changed the default
sessions, so presumably it sits at 10.

When the 5th URL GET is issued, no error is generated (I know this
because I get {ibrowse_req_id, Ref} back) but no end_deliver/3 or
end_deliver/4 is returned to self(). The same happens to the next 5 GETs.

Curiously, the apache server on the other end of the GET request
actually receives the 5th GET, and responds OK. The apache server is
configured with 5 sessions.

The apache server has been deliberately slowed down so that there is a 2
sec delay before the response is issued. Consequently, none of the other
GETs return an end_deliver  - the first actual OK is not seen by ERMS
until after 16 URL GETs have gone out.

Yes, we are deliberately overloading the apache server - to see what
ibrowse does. Is there some error hook or similar that I should be
catching to indicate a terminated ReqID, or should I be expecting
{error, reason} from send_req/5? At the moment I get neither.

Vik :v)