[erlang-questions] Windows: Erlang added TWICE to installed program list

Jarrod Roberson jarrod@REDACTED
Sat Aug 22 00:18:31 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 11:28 AM,
<pan+eq@REDACTED<pan%2Beq@REDACTED>
> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> It would surely be an "easy fix" if I could reproduce it...
>
> I've never seen that behaviour and I have (believe me :)) installed and
> removed erlang a *lot* of times on different versions of Windows over the
> years since i wrote the NSIS installer script for Erlang...
>
> The bug must occur under certain conditions that our test environments
> don't meet.
>
> What privileges do you have? Do you have a certain language installed (I've
> only tested on English and Swedish windows versions). Any special
> combination of options when installing? Any other things that might be of
> interest?
>
> Anyone else that has encountered this?
>
> If you could help me with some more info so I could reproduce it, I'll
> gladly fix it!
>
> Cheers,
> /Patrik

this same double entry happens on my Windows XP SP3 machine since one of the
early R12 releases and with all the R13 releases.