[erlang-questions] Stand alone Erlang on Windows

David Mercer dmercer@REDACTED
Fri Aug 14 15:15:25 CEST 2009

ttmrichter@REDACTED writes:

> You know, if ever there was any doubts as to why the #erlang-otp channel
> was made on Freenode, this thread should put said doubts to rest.

Not having access to freenode myself, may I ask why?  Are you saying that
these questions are better answered on freenode, or that the banter between
China and the southern hemisphere one-upmanship on who should be more
offended is best left off this list?

I myself still have a question outstanding on this subject, so if this
answer was answered on freenode, could someone please repost here so that I
may enjoy?  Thank-you.

    Does Erlang on Windows install anything outside of the Program
    Files\erl<version> directory?  That is, could you archive the entire
    Erlang directory structure and package it in a single executable that
    simply unpacked the entire directory structure somewhere and ran
    erl.exe?

Cheers,

David