Fwd: [erlang-questions] Re: Distributions of Erlang-coded SW on Windows (really)

Dave Pawson dave.pawson@REDACTED
Fri Aug 14 13:23:49 CEST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Raschke <rtrlists@REDACTED>
Date: 2009/8/14
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Re: Distributions of Erlang-coded SW
on Windows (really)
To: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@REDACTED>

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@REDACTED> wrote:

> Does this provide the app in an 'executable' format or source?
> I'm curious if there is an answer (best or not) to this question
> since I haven't as yet come around to leaving a dev environment.

http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/systools.html

The make_script and make_tar functions are what you need to create
self contained Erlang applications. You get to choose if you want to
ship sources or not.

A good supplemental read is
http://www.erlang.org/doc/system_principles/create_target.html

It only takes about a day or so of reading and experimenting to come
to grips with building applications this way.

If you need a setup.exe, use NSIS to package it all up.

Robby

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.