[erlang-questions] Re: Distributions of Erlang-coded SW on Windows (really)

Dave Pawson dave.pawson@REDACTED
Fri Aug 14 11:34:07 CEST 2009

2009/8/14 Ulf Wiger <ulf.wiger@REDACTED>:

> There is no single "best" way.
>
> Historically, Erlang-based software have executed in closed
> clusters on proprietary platforms with a ton of software,
> of which perhaps half (sometimes more) has been erlang.
> Sometimes, it has made sense to have an erlang-centric
> packaging and release system, sometimes not.
>
> OTP has provided systools for more than a decade. It has a
> function called make_tar(), which is perfectly usable, if
> one is fine with first installing erlang, then unpacking and
> installing the application.

Does this provide the app in an 'executable' format or source?
I'm curious if there is an answer (best or not) to this question
since I haven't as yet come around to leaving a dev environment.

TIA

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.