odd now() behaviour

Amit Murthy amit.murthy@REDACTED
Tue Aug 11 07:30:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am seeing an odd behavior with now() on my laptop running ubuntu 8.04 with
R13A.

I had a running erlang shell when I closed the laptop, and the machine went
into suspend mode. The next day when the laptop came out of suspend mode, on
the
erlang shell,

calendar:local_time().     returned the correct date/time while

calendar:now_to_local_time(now()).    printed out the time which was behind
by the same amount of time as the laptop was suspended.

Is this a bug or the expected behaviour of now()?

Regards,
  Amit