[erlang-questions] limiting gen_server

Micha micha-1@REDACTED
Sun Aug 9 18:44:35 CEST 2009

On Sunday, 9. August 2009 15:56:00 Ulf Wiger wrote:
> These are not calls, though, at least not in the normal
> gen_server vernacular. It is not really clear from this
> snippet what you are trying to achieve, and what these
> messages mean.

my gen_server get requests via udp and resolves them by asking another web
service. I would like to like it to some maximum of allowed simultanous
request (maybe 20, which should not happen btw.)

So I thought it would suffice to just wait some little time and send the request
again (to myself), in case the maximum is reached.

Buffering is another option, thank you for your code.

cheers
 Michael