[Erlyaws-list] [erlang-questions] Re: YAWS with PHP on Windows XP problem

Carl McDade carlmcdade@REDACTED
Sat Aug 8 16:51:36 CEST 2009

Thanks! people.

I got it working and posted the info on my blog for reference.

    * Log out
    * Entries
    * Comments

Erlang
Erlang and PHP on Yaws webserver
By Carl McDade ⋅ August 8, 2009 ⋅ Post a comment ⋅

This is from the joint efforts on the Yaws mailing list. It simplifies
getting PHP up and running on  the Yaws webserver. You can now try out
Erlang in transition from PHP or use them together.

PHP :

1. download windows version 5.3.0 non-threaded version
2. unzip to C:\php530
3.  create php info  file  under doc root E:\yaws\www\phpinfo,php
4. Just like IIS cgi redirection need to be set to off.

    ; cgi.force_redirect is necessary to provide security running PHP
as a CGI under
    ; most web servers.  Left undefined, PHP turns this on by default.  You can
    ; turn it off here AT YOUR OWN RISK
    ; **You CAN safely turn this off for IIS, in fact, you MUST.**
    ; http://php.net/cgi.force-redirect
    cgi.force_redirect = 0

Yaws:

1. set conf  doc root  (  E:\yaws\www )
2. set conf cgi  ( php yaws cgi )
3. set php binary path  (  php_exe_path = "C:\php530\php-cgi.exe"  )
4. start Yaws in interactive ( yaws -i )

5. Yaws conf in the root of the Yaws install needs to look similar to:

    php_exe_path = "C:\php530\php-cgi.exe"

    <server localhost>
            port = 8080
            listen = 0.0.0.0
            docroot = "E:/yaws/www"
            allowed_scripts = php yaws cgi
            appmods = <cgi-bin, yaws_appmod_cgi>
    </server>

/Carl

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Colm Dougan<colm.dougan@REDACTED> wrote:
> 2009/8/8 Carl McDade <carlmcdade@REDACTED>:
>> 2009/8/8 Carl McDade <carlmcdade@REDACTED>:
>>> Okay,
>>>
>>> There is something I am not getting here. Can someone me do a step-by
>>> step?  I have
>>>
>>> PHP :
>>>
>>> 1. download windows version 5.3.0 non-threaded
>>> 2. unzip to C:\php530

--
Carl McDade
Lead Developer