[erlang-questions] : sctp_peeloff() support in OTP

Valentin Micic v@REDACTED
Tue Apr 21 01:15:03 CEST 2009

One thing puzzles me: is there support for {active, once} in gen_sctp, as it
would assume head-of-line blocking? Or maybe I should ask a different
question: if {active, once} is to be supported, how one could go about
implementing it without defeating the purpose behind SCTP?

I am thinking:

(1) {active, [once, StreamNo, TargetPID]}
    {active, [once, default, TargetPID]}

As well as:

(2)  {active, [true, StreamNo, TargetPID]}
     {active, [true, default, TargetPID]}

Where:
 - StreamNo represents a stream of interest;
 - TargetPID, a PID to which traffic received over StreamNo should be
forwarded to.
 - default specify what to do with streams that are not explicitly
referenced.

Wouldn't this imply SCTP peel-off functionality?

V.

PS
In a case you're already doing this -- my apologies for reinventing a hot
water.