[erlang-questions] Types and specs [WAS: [enhancement] string:split/2]

Tobias Lindahl tobias.lindahl@REDACTED
Fri Oct 31 12:32:27 CET 2008

Matthias Lang wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 14, Kostis Sagonas wrote:
>
>> (If you want to specify an improper list the closer you can get is to
>> employ the long and yucky type  maybe_improper_list()
>
> cons_cell() would have been a more appetising name.

It used to be called cons_or_nil() once upon a time, then it became
possibly_improper_list() and ended up in maybe_improper_list().

The corresponding type to cons_cell() is the even nicer
nonempty_maybe_improper_list().

I agree that the names are too verbose, I'm not even sure anymore how it
happened.

Tobias