[erlang-questions] Problems with sending UDP datagrams without buffering

Mark Geib mark.geib@REDACTED
Wed Oct 29 15:31:22 CET 2008

Sorry for lack of details, it was the end of a long day.

Yes, I am using UDP, not TCP. And to confirm, I am sending 700 bytes,
never any more. I see the 7000 byte datagram in WireShark on another
system monitoring the network. The 7000 bytes are reported as fragmented
packets that have been re-assembled. I am an sending the 700 bytes every
20 miliseconds.

I am assuming that erlang is buffering in a lower layer, but could be
the linux network stack as well.

Mark.

--
Principal Engineer