[erlang-questions] Problems with sending UDP datagrams without buffering

Mark Geib mark.geib@REDACTED
Wed Oct 29 01:04:49 CET 2008

I have a case where I MUST send datagrams that are smaller than a
network frame. The device I am sending to will not except larger datagrams.

I am sending message that are less than 700 bytes in length, but on the
network using a sniffer I periodically see datagrams from the
application that are 7000 bytes or so in size. The data is correct, the
end device will not accept.

I am sending these datagrams about every 20 miliseconds.

Is there an option I am missing to force every gen_dup:send() to cause
the datagram to be sent.?? I am running on linux 2.6.27 kernel.

--
Principal Engineer
Cheyenne Software Engineering