[erlang-questions] Question re console io in a distributed computation

David Cabana drcabana@REDACTED
Fri Oct 24 22:09:19 CEST 2008

Ulf,

Thank you for your help.  I found very useful your observation that

"When spawning, the group leader of the spawned process will be inherited
from the parent. If you spawn a process on another node, it will still have
the same group leader as the parent."

As a convenience during testing, I was letting the referee process spawn the
player processes, and evreyone wound up having the same group leader.  It
was a simple matter to start the player processes independently of the
referee, and then have them register with the referee.  After that, console
io went to the right place automatically.

regards,
David