[erlang-questions] small ETS wierdness...

deepblue_other cktgatb@REDACTED
Sat Oct 18 10:19:20 CEST 2008

hello...
so this is pretty minor yet is slightly pissing me off...
ets:new(tableName,[]) creates the table with name tableName... why in all
examples people use the ID returned by this func, instead of using the
tableName as a reference in other ops. Its their choice, but when I try to
use tableName in for example ets:info(tableName) it tells me its undefined,
and all the other ets: functions also fail with badArg when I use the
tableName atom instead of the table ID returned from ets:new().

same thing is not an issue with dets:
strange...
thanks