[erlang-questions] Erlang and XML.

Dan Rubino webaccounts@REDACTED
Thu Oct 16 22:38:39 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Been having a dabble with XMErl today. I am using Erlang on the server
side to query an in-memory database via ODBC.

As I am sure most of you know when you query a DB via ODBC in Erlang you
get a structure something like this back:

{selected, ColumnNames, Rows} = ...

Where ColumnNames and Rows are of course lists. What I would like to do
is convert these list into a very simple XML structure which I can
return to a Java based client for easier processing.

So something simple like the following for example (don't worry about
col ordering):

 	<?xml version="1.0" ?>
	<result>
		<cols>
			<col></col>
		</cols>
		<rows>
		</rows>
	</result>

Having looked at XMErl there doesn't appear at first glance to be an
easy and generic way in which I can do this.

I am sure its something commonly done - any ideas?

Many Thanks,
Dan