[erlang-questions] Specify version in release using woldcards?

C. Florian Ebeling florian.ebeling@REDACTED
Tue Oct 14 15:01:36 CEST 2008

Hi,

we have an application on which two people are working
using defferent kinds of unix/linux distributions (Mac and Suse).

So they have deferent releases of erlang installed. When
I use this release spec, I get warnings from make_script/2.

{release, {"adrecord_rel","1.0"}, {erts, "5.6.3"},
 [{kernel,"2.12.3"},
  {stdlib,"1.15.3"},
  {sasl, "2.1.5.3"},
  {crypto, "1.5.2"},
  {adrecord, "0.1"}]}

which look like this:

erl -noshell -pa ebin -eval 'systools:make_script("adrecord",
[local])' -s init stop
crypto: No valid version ("1.5.2") of .app file found. Found file
"/opt/local/lib/erlang/lib/crypto-1.5.2.1/ebin/crypto.app" with
version "1.5.2.1"

Is there some elegant way to deal with this? Can I maybe
specify some wildcards or only the more major part of versions?

Florian

--
Florian Ebeling
Twitter: febeling