[erlang-questions] What erlc flags are needed to compile native (HiPE) to run on smp-disabled runtime?

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin@REDACTED
Mon Oct 13 18:13:43 CEST 2008

On Oct 12, 2008, at 10:18 PM, Isaac Gouy wrote:

>> On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Mikael Pettersson <mikpe@REDACTED>
>
>>> For various reasons the HiPE compiler can only generate code
>>> for the runtime system it's running on, so to generate non-SMP
>>> code you must run the compiler from within a non-SMP system.
>
> I've now made a separate build using --disable-smp-support so both
> HiPE
> and -smp disable can be used:
>
> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u32/erlang.php
>
> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u64/erlang.php

This is all well and good for chameneos, but it looks like all erlang
entries are being run this way now, including ones like the binary-
trees entries that was written to take advantage of multiple cores and
which does go faster with SMP:

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u64/benchmark.php?test=binarytrees&lang=hipe&id=2

-kevin