[erlang-questions] jinterface

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Sun Oct 12 22:15:59 CEST 2008

2008/10/9 Serge Aleynikov <saleyn@REDACTED>

> Robert Virding wrote:
>
>  - Modify your program so that you start a local group leader/io-server
>> which
>> does the formatting and just send the output iolists to the otp.netprocess.
>>

> The otp.net node already has a mailbox for getting messages destined to
> the io_server, and rpc requests carry the pid of that mailbox.  Ideally I
> wouldn't need to have another "proxy" io_server on the Erlang side that
> would format and send requests to the connected otp.net hidden node.

One reason I suggested this was for doing input. While for output you can
modify io so that calling io_lib is done locally in the application process
this does not work for input. For input the io-server has to be able to
evaluate erlang functions, which I reckon can't be done in the otp.net node.

Robert