[erlang-questions] Types and specs [WAS: [enhancement] string:split/2]

Edwin Fine erlang-questions_efine@REDACTED
Fri Oct 10 18:47:08 CEST 2008

Question - trying to understand the spec, if I did the following:

Eshell V5.6.4  (abort with ^G)
1> string:tokens([], "abc").
[]

Does that violate the type specification, or does it allow for the return of
an empty list?