[erlang-questions] Benchmarking Erlang: Deathmatch of gb_trees, dict, ets, mnesia ... and registered names

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Oct 9 14:27:30 CEST 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 1:17 PM, Richard Carlsson wrote:

> Changing cast to call in your code, I get this for dict and gb_trees:

Richard, thank you for pointing out the flaw in my code. Still, note
that the lookup time is still very very low.

I'm not really concerned with the time to populate as my goal is to
grab a number from every incoming packet and map that to a process id
so that I can route the packet.

I really like globally registered names since they take care of
distributing the pids across the cluster. It doesn't seem they scale,
though.

--
wagerlabs.com