[erlang-questions] wierd "function not used" problem - code included

deepblue_other cktgatb@REDACTED
Sun Oct 5 20:38:14 CEST 2008

here you go, this should compile
sorry about that
thanks

-module(tcp_manager).
%API--------------------------------------------
-export([start/1]).
%-----------------------------------------------
start(Port) ->
    {ok, ListeningSocket} =
        gen_tcp:listen( Port, [ binary, %receive data in binary form
                                      {packet   , 0},
                                      {reuseaddr, true},
                                      {active   , once} ] ),
    accept_connection(ListeningSocket).
%-----------------------------------------------
accept_connection(ListeningSocket) ->

    io:format("waiting to accept~n"),
    {ok, Socket} = gen_tcp:accept(ListeningSocket),
    io:format("Socket is:~p~n", [Socket]),

    %-----------------------------------------------
    Listen_for_errors =
        fun() ->
            io:format("listening started~n"),
            receive
    	       {'EXIT', Pid, Why} ->
                  io:format("~p exited because:~p", [Pid,Why]);
    	       Other                 ->
                  io:format("Other:~p~n", [Other])
            end
        end,
	Listen_for_errors(),
	%-----------------------------------------------

    Handler_process = spawn_link(?MODULE, data_process, [Socket]), %,[]]),
    io:format("handlers process ID:~p", [Handler_process]).
%-----------------------------------------------
data_process( Socket, DataSoFar) ->
    io:format("responder_loop() entered~n"),

    receive
        {tcp, Socket, Data}  ->
	     io:format("works - Data:~p~n", [Data]),
             inet:setopts( Socket, [{active,once}] ),
             data_process( Socket,
                                [Data | DataSoFar] );

        {tcp_closed, Socket} ->
            io:format("*client socket closed~n");
    	Other                ->
	    io:format("undefined message came in:~p", [Other])
    end.