[erlang-questions] Request to add md4 to crypto module

Alexander alexander.uvarov@REDACTED
Thu Oct 2 23:29:09 CEST 2008

On Thursday 02 October 2008 23:28:29 Jim McCoy wrote:
> After poking around a bit in the OTP sources it seems that it would be
> pretty trivial to add md4 to the crypto module.  I will be testing a
> few patches later this week, but before I throw together a real EEP I
> was hoping that this might be a simple-enough change that the OTP team
> might consider adding it without the need for the formal process.

+1 for enhancement, also it would be useful to have DES in ECB mode too
(trivial). If someone interested, there is my implementation based on erlang
crypto driver (md4, des in ecb mode - used by mschapv2)
http://pastie.org/283903

Also, why not make MD2 and finish dance with MD* crypto in erlang? :)