[erlang-questions] best way to implement a "barrier"

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Wed Oct 1 13:45:28 CEST 2008

On Oct 1, 2008, at 11:38 AM, Richard Carlsson wrote:

> How exact do you need the synchronization to be? The simplest barrier
> is a receive that waits for a start message

That's what I was thinking. The question then is how to ensure that
all processes get the start message more or less at the same time. I
guess this is the question of how long it takes to send 10k-50k start
messages.

> But if that is not exact
> enough (some have finished before others have even woken up), you
> might
> try a clock synchronization

Great suggestion!

	Thanks, Joel