[erlang-questions] simple_one_for_one supervisor and code_change/3

Dave Smith dizzyd@REDACTED
Wed Nov 19 00:00:27 CET 2008

Hi all...

I've run into some strange behaviour when doing a hot-upgrade with a
simple_one_for_one supervisor. Basically, I'm using {update, MyModule,
{advanced, []}} in my .appup script so that MyModule will get a
callback via code_upgrade/3. This has worked fine for me in the past
(on other modules), so I'm reasonably sure that this much is right.
The only difference I can identify with MyModule is that it is running
as a "temporary" process under a simple_one_for_one supervisor. In
this situation, it seems that release_handler_1 is unable to locate
these instances of MyModule and so it never gets suspended or invoked
via code_change/3.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Am I just doing something stupid? :)

Thanks,

D.