[erlang-questions] Erlang 3000?

Masklinn masklinn@REDACTED
Tue Nov 18 23:20:29 CET 2008

On 18 nov. 08, at 22:57, "Richard O'Keefe" <ok@REDACTED> wrote:

> On 18 Nov 2008, at 7:36 pm, Dave Smith wrote:
>> The package hierarchy does not need to be deep.
>
> This is perfectly true.  But if the Java and Haskell experiences
> are anything to go by, it WILL become deep whether it needs to
> or not.

Python also has arbitrarily nested package, but it doesn't seem to
have that issue maybe due to it's direct physical mapping and
importing flexibility (especially in top level packages). And although
it's been slightly revised in 3000 and some people find __init__.py to
be a kludge I find the system pleasant to work with.

A sane (= not too deeply nested) example set by the standard library
might also help (the lower nesting of the java stl is already 3 levels
or so...)