[erlang-questions] code:get_path() returns badarg

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Mon Nov 17 16:20:22 CET 2008

Hi!

I will look at the code in more detail tomorrow, but maybe someone has
the answer already...

I am calling code:get_path() very early in the startup process and
with R12 it often happens that this call crashes with
{'EXIT',{badarg,[{code_server,call,2},...

My first inspection leads me to guess that the code server isn't
started properly and the badarg is because the name code_server isn't
registered yet.

I even added a code:module_info() call earlier, to let the code server
start up properly, but to no avail. I don't know if it's because I
should wait a little longer or there is another explanation.

The error doesn't happen all the time (actually, I can't reproduce it
myself), but I have many reports from different erlide users.

Could somebody please guide me from here?

best regards,
Vlad