[erlang-questions] Report errors when using "-detached" option

ERLANG erlangy@REDACTED
Wed Nov 12 21:02:58 CET 2008

Hi List,

Sometimes,  I've to start my erlang applications with "-detached"
option.
Suppose that an application needs a directory somewhere to be able to
run.
If this directory is missing, nothing is reported in the shell du to
the "-detached" option.

So my question is related to how to report any error when using "-
detached"?

My erlang apps are usually started from shell scripts. It'll be very
helpful if the erlang app can report
errors with an "exit" code status different from 0. The shell script
will use this exit code to throw
the error to a higher level.

I'm not interested to use the error logger to solve this problem.

Regards
Y.