[erlang-questions] extended jinterface

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Fri Nov 7 09:35:10 CET 2008

Hi,

This message is for anyone that is using jinterface.

While working with erlide, I have added things to the basic jinterface
library, most interesting being probably the equivalents of erl_format
and erl_match, allowing for less painful term construction and
deconstruction. There are also conversion routines from Java types to
Erlang types, a Erlang to Java RPC mechanism (including generating
erlang modules from java interfaces), routines to query epmd, and
more.

I think that it would be useful to have those things separately from
erlide, and it is also probable that others have their own extensions
that they might want to share.

So I wonder if there is enough interest to make these extensions
available standalone (either as a separate download from erlide, or as
a separate project if more people want to contribute).

best regards,
Vlad