[erlang-questions] erlang-questions Digest, Vol 18, Issue 14

Paul Guyot pguyot@REDACTED
Thu Nov 6 10:06:11 CET 2008

> Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:42:45 +0100
> From: "Bjorn Gustavsson" <bgustavsson@REDACTED>
> Subject: [erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R12B-5 has been released
> To: "erlang-questions@REDACTED" <erlang-questions@REDACTED>,
> 	erlang-announce@REDACTED
>
> Bug fix release : otp_src_R12B-5
> Build date      : 2008-11-05
>
> This is bug fix release 5 for the R12B release.
>
> You can find the README file for the release at
>
>  http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R12B-5.readme

Congratulation for the release. Thank you very much for the inclusion
of patches and fixes, especially copy_hostent and dlopen on MacOS X.
The inclusion of eunit into OTP is great news! However, as mentioned
by Kevin Smith, eunit just doesn't work from OTP because eunit.hrl is
missing.

I also wish that the following bug fixes and enhancement were
included, so we wouldn't have to run patched versions on production
and test servers:

Fix #1
ei_decode_big just doesn't work for half of big nums.
ei_encode_big and ei_x_encode_big are missing.
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-bugs/2008-October/001023.html

Fix #2
ei_decode_fun just doesn't work.
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-bugs/2008-October/001024.html

Fix #3
calendar:local_time_to_universal_time_dst crashes on FreeBSD with TZ
set to UTC, and maybe in other conditions.
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-bugs/2008-November/001077.html

Enhancement #1
eunit to generate XML reports for easier integration with continuous
integration toolchains (e.g. maven-erlang).
http://support.process-one.net/browse/EUNIT-13

Would it be possible to have a timeframe for those?

Regards,

Paul