[erlang-questions] scanning the process list every few seconds

Jachym Holecek freza@REDACTED
Sun Nov 2 12:50:48 CET 2008

# Joel Reymont 2008-11-02:
> On Nov 2, 2008, at 8:33 AM, Ulf Wiger wrote:
> > I got the impression that Joel wants to keep track of dynamic
> > characteristics, such as heap size, message queue length, etc.,
>
> That's exactly what I'm after. How do people do this?

We used erlang:trace/3 (see 'garbage_collection' option) to track
process memory usage, it provides fairly detailed information. But
I suspect you don't want that enabled for thousands of processes
at a time.

	-- Jachym