[erlang-questions] [erlyweb-list] Re: Twoorl: an open source Twitter clone

Yariv Sadan yarivsadan@REDACTED
Sat May 31 23:39:40 CEST 2008

Thanks! Comet based scrolling is relatively low priority. There are a
bunch of other feature requests I'm working on. Twoorl users are a
small but pretty excited bunch :)
I'm not planning on keeping the current db-backed timeline rendering.
I realize it wouldn't  well when users start having too many friends.
To avoid this bottleneck, I'm planning on keeping a per-user data
store (in mnesia or memcache) for the last 20 twoorls (=tweets) from
their friends. New twoorls would be broadcasted (ie copied) to all
(active) followers. It's a space/speed tradeoff. This solution
wouldn't allow paging (unless I increase the cache size) but I think
it's a good tradeoff.

I still have some way to go before I hit these scaling problems, though.

Yariv