[erlang-questions] rsync-like function in Erlang?

Johan Holmberg johan556@REDACTED
Tue May 20 22:45:00 CEST 2008

2008/5/20 Juan Jose Comellas <juanjo@REDACTED>:
> Have you thought about using a distributed version control system such as
> Git for this? I have the same problem, with the added need to track the
> history of changes of each file, and I'm planning to build an Erlang wrapper
> over Git. This wrapper could also provide a transactional interface to the
> filesystem, giving you the ability to rollback to a previous version of the
> file in case of a problem.

Interesting idea. I have thought about using Subversion (the version
control system we normally use), but dismissed it as to complicated
(with the need for a third machine, the Subversion-server, and with
all the space overhead in the local .svn directories).

Does Git work well on Windows? And can it operate in client-server
fashion, or does it need filesystem access between the machines?

Your kind of solution could perhaps suit me too, even if I'm not
primarily interested in the change history.

/Johan Holmberg