[erlang-questions] [Bug] Re: [Q] how to start httpd in R12B (Ladislav Lenart)

Ingela Anderton Andin ingela@REDACTED
Mon May 19 11:03:47 CEST 2008

Hi Lenart,

> Hello,
> after all day I finally found the culprit in
>  /usr/lib/erlang/lib/inets-5.0.5/src/mod_auth.erl

> mod_auth:store/2 calls directory_config_check/2 to see if the supplied
> parameters have allowed values. If successful, store_directory/3 is called.
> The bug is in directory_config_check/2 which makes auth_type a mandatory
> option.

> The patch is attached.

Thank you for the patch. Seems like this
directory_config_check/2 was not a 100 % backward-compatible.

> BTW what is your strategy at finding the cause of such problems? I had
> to resort to fwrites all over httpd_* modules because the error itself
> was completely hidden by the supervisor machinery...

I use Erlang trace.

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP Ericsson