[erlang-questions] : : First send from JInterface ok, second one blocs?? FOUND THE PROBLEM

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Wed May 14 09:25:38 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Alexander Lamb
<alexander.lamb@REDACTED> wrote:

> Now, my impression is that this is a special effect of MacOSX (I am
> running the 10.5.2 on Intel with the latest version of Erlang). It is
> probable that the way name resolution works locally (the two nodes on
> my desktop) is different from Linux.

This could be the reason. Working with ErlIDE, I got many bug reports about
the connection between Java and Erlang not working on OSX. I think almost
all of them were caused by this mismatch between how Java and Erlang look up
hosts by name. We had to use long names for the Erlang nodes.

This doesn't really answer why it did work the first time. Like Raimo said,
maybe the connection is retried several times. The connection can be closed
for several reasons, for example if data that can't be decoded is received.
Hard to tell without any additional info.

regards,
Vlad