[erlang-questions] how: Chunked input encoding with {packet, http}

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Fri Mar 28 13:55:01 CET 2008

Christian S writes:

 > Did you learn about any curiousities, known broken implementations
 > and such?

I think most implementations these days are OK

Historically, chunked encoding has been a fine source of
brokenness. Inets, YAWS and even iBrowse have had bugfixes related to
chunked.

If you ask google "chunked bug", it looks like just about every piece
of software ever written got chunked encoding wrong first try. Apache
had a likely remote exploit on windows, the debian update tool was
broken, squid, ... it's a who's who of HTTP software.

I think I'll go off and read some Erik Naggum now.

Matt

http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2002-March/004547.html
http://erlang.mirror.libertine.org/documentation/doc-5.5.3/lib/inets-4.7.8/doc/html/notes.html
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2005-November/017873.html