[erlang-questions] 64-bit fragmented mnesia table benefits?

Philip Robinson chlorophil@REDACTED
Wed Mar 26 07:52:03 CET 2008

It sounds like any 64-bit mnesia caveats that remain are with
disk-based mnesia tables.

That is good news for me: I was planning on using ram_copies tables
and periodically dumping them to disk.

I am also spawning calculation processes on the nodes that carry the
table fragment relevant to a given piece of data, so that should
reduce LAN traffic a bit.

The only remaining issue on my list is to test whether backing up /
restoring a single large ram_copies table takes significantly longer
than the equivalent amount of data in several smaller ram_copies
tables.

And, of course, to keep an eye on performance as data accumulates.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Philip