[erlang-questions] Distributed erlang problem

Hal Snyder drxyzzy@REDACTED
Wed Mar 19 16:41:32 CET 2008

Understood, that ops & policy enter into the solution. I suspect a
more natural solution might be to alias a loopback interface on the
db hosts and use routing rules to make sure OMC and db hosts find one
another over the correct interfaces. You could use DNS if other apps
on db hosts are ok with the aliased loopback (that would be more
consistent), or else launch db nodes using the aliased IP addresses
in their node names.