[erlang-questions] Erlang GUIs

Mariano Guerra luismarianoguerra@REDACTED
Sun Mar 16 23:45:35 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 8:25 PM, Roberto Saccon <rsaccon@REDACTED> wrote:
> Mariano, XUL sounds interesting in theory, but there might be show-stoppers:
>
>  Is there any Erlang XPCOM interface ?
>
>  XUL is  XML, which requires tools for efficient editing, does such a
>  tool exist and does it fit into your workflow ?

 I was thinking on XUL as a replacement for the HTML over yaws
solution not as a replacement for wxWindows, if you use some kind of
template engine, and open Prism pointing to for example
http://127.0.0.1:1337 and using async calls to some kind of REST
service or erlang replacement of that (JSON could work nice here :)),
you have a web application running locally that looks like a destop
application, just replacing the URL you have a website :).

you will have some javascript there, but well, if you do the HTML
solution you will have it to, and using wxWindows means to have a
binding to another library that is not fully implemented and may have
problems with concurrent calls (I dont know if that will happen, but
for example GTK doesn't support threads very well)

also, with this solution you have the best of both worlds I guess.. a
web app with native look and feel.

I don't know if that answer your question.