[erlang-questions] Erlide tutorial?

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Mon Jun 23 10:53:24 CEST 2008

Hi!

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Michael FIG <fig@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could anybody out there please point me at a very simple "hello world"
> tutorial in using Erlide?  I'm an Emacs user with absolutely no experience
> with Eclipse, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to run my
> newly-created Erlang projects, evaluate something in the console, or debug a
> project.  I don't know if that's because my Erlide installation is broken,
> or if it's just because I don't know where to find these features.

Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation.

There are no tutorials yet, sorry.

Your main point of interaction with your erlang programs is the erlang
console view. It works as usual, except that the input is in a separate
field. If you press Enter and the expression in that field is complete and
correct, it will be sent to the shell.

If auto-build is enabled, you don't need to do anything after editing your
code. It will be compiled and loaded into the runtime, ready to use from the
console.

Debugging isn't working yet, but it's the next big thing to come.

Is this what you are after? If you need more detailed information, please
try to structure the questions so that we can reuse the answers in a future
tutorial.

best regards,
Vlad