[erlang-questions] Favored Linux distributions?

John Chandler morph@REDACTED
Thu Jun 19 01:55:26 CEST 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 7:38 PM, John Haugeland wrote:

> > Is there a consensus as to what distribution of Linux is most
> > suitable to Erlang development, or does it even matter much?
>
> As any real developer will tell you, code should be tested on
> multiple platforms.  I do my development between BSD, Centos and
> Vista.
>
> Enforcing broad portability is a great way to drive incorrect
> assumptions out of your code before they become problems.

Well, sure.  Client code in particular needs to be tested on
whatever range of platforms you intend it to eventually run on.

With regard to server code, though, it could be that one platform
is consistently more or less troublesome than others in one way
or another, and it might be worth considering that when
specifying a server.