[erlang-questions] Mnesia transactions and error handling good practices

Hynek Vychodil vychodil.hynek@REDACTED
Wed Jun 11 18:28:21 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Daniel Luna <luna@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Andreas Hillqvist wrote:
> > By the way, what is the cost of nested transaction in mnesia?
> > Would it be "better practice" to keep this archive and set operation
> > within only on transaction?
>
> The cost of a nested transaction is proportional to the size of both of
> the transactions.
>
> We rewrote some code at Kreditor into using nested transactions (which is
> more readable), but had to throw it away.  A test which usually takes
> about 20-30 minutes on a desktop machine wasn't finished after 10 hours
> (when the test was aborted).
>
> /Luna
> --
> Daniel Luna                           | Top reasons that I have a beard:
> luna@REDACTED                     |  a) Laziness.
> http://www.update.uu.se/~luna/ <http://www.update.uu.se/%7Eluna/>        |
>  b) I can.
> Don't look at my homepage (it stinks).|  c) I can get away with it.

Just check, It means that if outer transaction is loose coupled to inner
(not make intensive data load from inner to outer), there is no problem with
transaction?

--
--Hynek (Pichi) Vychodil