[erlang-questions] Mnesia transactions and error handling good practices

Daniel Luna luna@REDACTED
Wed Jun 11 16:38:30 CEST 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Andreas Hillqvist wrote:
> By the way, what is the cost of nested transaction in mnesia?
> Would it be "better practice" to keep this archive and set operation
> within only on transaction?

The cost of a nested transaction is proportional to the size of both of
the transactions.

We rewrote some code at Kreditor into using nested transactions (which is
more readable), but had to throw it away.  A test which usually takes
about 20-30 minutes on a desktop machine wasn't finished after 10 hours
(when the test was aborted).

/Luna
--
Daniel Luna                           | Top reasons that I have a beard:
luna@REDACTED                     |  a) Laziness.