[erlang-questions] Twoorl: an open source Twitter clone

Dale Harvey harveyd@REDACTED
Sun Jun 1 17:44:53 CEST 2008

http://www.process-one.net/en/blogs/article/introducing_the_xmpp_application_server/

is also pretty topical read, Blaine Cook (ex twitter dev) mentioned it

"Scaling Twitter as a messaging platform is pretty easy. See Mickaël
Rémond's post<http://www.process-one.net/en/blogs/article/introducing_the_xmpp_application_server/>on
the subject. Scaling the archival, and massive infrastructure concerns
(think billions of authenticated polling requests per month) are not, no
matter what platform you're on. Particularly when you need to take complex
privacy concerns into account."