[erlang-questions] Twoorl: an open source Twitter clone

Patrick Logan patrickdlogan@REDACTED
Sun Jun 1 17:01:30 CEST 2008

"Yaws at the front end, definitely - but rather /RabbitMQ/ at the back end."

I'm not sure why RabbitMQ would be a better choice than XMPP /
ejabberd for a text messaging system?

In addition to that XMPP can federate with existing IM systems, an
XMPP-based "Twoorl" could federate itself easily across multiple
organizations.

How easy is it to federate across organizational boundaries AMQP or
RabbitMQ in particular? I mean assuming if Twoorl does get to this
scale, does he want to continue paying for the entire infrastructure?