[erlang-questions] Simple Erlang Recommendation (last returned value)

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Sun Jul 27 21:32:57 CEST 2008

2008/7/27 Robert Virding <rvirding@REDACTED>

> 2008/7/27 YC <yinso.chen@REDACTED>
>
>> There is a way to satisfy this request without breaking single assignment,
>> and that is to have a more sophisticated scoping.
>>
>> For example, the above in lisp/scheme are:
>>
>> (let ((t (something t)))
>>   (let ((t (something t)))
>>      (let ((t (something t)))
>> ...)))
>>
>> No mutabilities involved - just better scopes - can't be that bad for
>> Erlang, right? ;)
>>

> Shameless plug:
>
> Well you can do this today if you use LFE. Plus ti gives you a lot of other
> lisp goddies as well.

Well, if I had been thinking I of course would have written:

(let* ((t (something t))
      (t (something t))
      (t (something t))
      ... )
  (something t))

which is very close to the original suggestion.

Robert